Monday, April 22, 2013

"Here I am; send me!"

I am so excited to be able to say where I will be spending the next year of my life!  I have been accepted into the Young Adults in Global Mission program for the upcoming year and attended the discernment weekend for country placements this past weekend.  After lots of conversations, reflection, and prayer, I am so excited to say that I will be moving to Malaysia in August for a year of service!  This past weekend brought with it a lot of emotion mixed with excitement, but I am so confident that I will learn and grow so much from this upcoming year.  Many of you may be like I was when I first learned I was interviewing with Malaysia.  The first question I asked myself was, "Where in the world is Malaysia?!"  So, allow me to show you on the map where I will be!
It is south of Thailand, southwest of the Philippines, and north of Indonesia.  Within the country, placement sites vary.  I will find out early summer what my placement will be and where I will be living, so stay tuned!  I am so thankful for so much support and encouragement from my family and friends as I prepare for what's next!  I know the next year of my life will bring with it joys, challenges, and tremendous growth.  I am so thankful for this opportunity and cannot wait to see what God has in store for me in Malaysia!  

Selamat Tinggal for now, peeps! (that's goodbye in Malay... already downloaded an app!)

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I; send me!” -Isaiah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment