Sunday, September 30, 2012

Come on Fall Break!

Y'all.  Today I had a run in with my old biology advisor.  The one whose office I cried in... several times.  The one who I went and told that I was going to be a biology major.  Then that I wasn't.  Then that I was going to be a biology minor.  Then that I wasn't.  Then that I wanted to go to nursing school stat and asked for help to make that happen.  Then I dropped all my biology classes and ran and left the biology department with a good lasting impression of Sarah Derrick.  Today I saw him in church.  He said, "Well, hey Sarah!  I haven't seen you in awhile!"  That is accurate.  You haven't seen me because I flee when I see you or anyone from the biology department on campus because you all must think I'm insane.  Dr. Davis now stops me when I threaten to change majors.  I haven't recently felt the need to run myself into the ground taking classes I despise and am not good at to get a job that could very well just make me queasy.  While I could have said all these things, I simply responded with a, "I know!  How are you doing?"  This was a magical run in.  Truly magical, all in God's house.

On a different note, on things I am good at, tonight I made dinner.  It was so delicious, if I do say so myself.  I made chicken spaghetti and apple turnovers for desert.  It was a nice comfort dinner, perfect for the transition that we are having into fall!  I can't wait for the cooler weather to get here so I can make all kinds of fun things like soups, pies, and crocpot dishes!  I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures of the things I cook so yall can admire my skills, but here's the recipe for the chicken spaghetti.  I went ahead and mixed everything together instead of layering before I put it in the oven.  And then the apple turnovers are compliments of Mandy's recipe box.
1 apple cut into slices
1 can of crescent rolls
1 stick of butter
Cinnamon Sugar
Roll apples inside crescent rolls.  Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar.  Melt butter and pour over top.  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. (Mandy said 30 but our oven is a speed demon when it comes to cooking times.) Top with some cool whip and you have a little taste of fall in your mouth!

Time to get on my take home test for Pauline Epistles.  I'm choosing to think of it as more of a game, a Bible scavenger hunt if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment