Monday, August 27, 2012

Here we go!

I have successfully completed my first week of my senior year of college.  How crazy is that?!  I feel like I was just moving into the attic aka the 4th floor of Clinton.  Somehow 3 years have flown by and I'm now finally in a townhouse!  Our house is so precious and homey!  We have been busy cooking, baking, celebrating birthdays, watching Golden Girls, getting ready for recruitment, and doing some work in there, too.  We have enjoyed several home cooked meals, all of which are by candlelight and cell phone free.  We also share our highs and lows from the day, seeing as how the majority of us have worked at a camp.  Our dinners together have probably been one of my favorite things about the year so far!
Today I did something that was exciting but slightly concerning at the same time.  I spent an hour between classes looking at jobs.  I realize that it is August and probably too early to be investigating into that whole scene, but since I have been bombarded with the question of "What are you doing after graduation?" a lot lately, I decided I should maybe look into it.  So I looked at non-profit jobs, mission opportunities, and church positions.  I hardly feel old enough to be doing any of that, but I found myself getting pretty excited about exploring those possibilities over the course of this year.
Thursday I get my cap and gown and today I got the application for graduation in my email.  As much as I would like to make it all stop and go back to freshmen year, I've decided to just take every single second in this year and make wonderful memories with my wonderful friends!
Today, I am so thankful for my sweet friends and how God's love shines through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment