Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I don't think I could appear more unstable if I tried.

If there is anyone else out there who has extreme changes in their life plans on a regular basis, please let me know. I truly don't think anyone else has caused more eye rolling, laughter, and general frustration with PC's biology department than this girl.
This time last semester, I was done being a Christian Ed major. So much to the point that I was trying to get into as many nursing school prerequisites this semester so I could get out of here and move on with my life. I pleaded at the feet of a professor to put me in his class this semester. I declared a biology minor with the same professor whose office I cried in freshmen year because I hated biology so much.
Despite the many warning signs I ran into and ignored the past 5 semesters at PC, I thought I could tackle 2 biology classes this semester and be just fine. Nay, my friends. I have cried the past 2 days out of misery. Yesterday I dropped one biology class, and then today I made a decision that will probably inhibit me from ever stepping foot into a biology classroom again at PC. I dropped the class that I pleaded so very hard for. I bailed when this professor had been nothing but accommodating, moving me to the top of his waiting list. I sent him an email in attempt to appear not quite as mentally unstable, but I don't know how much good it did. So with that, I was done with PC biology forever. And now I don't really have a choice if I do decide in 3 days I want to go back to it because I have burned bridges all over the place.
Also, fun fact I realized after sending the email tonight: I have an internship at the hospital and someone from the biology department is supposed to be my advisor. I bet they're fighting for that job.
On the off chance any biology professor reads this, please don't think I'm crazy. I just have no idea what to do with my life. I apologize so so much for appearing so incredibly flaky.

New Year's resolution: Discernment.

No comments:

Post a Comment