Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Come on Spring Break!!!!

This week couldn't be going any slower! I thought it was Wednesday for a good part of the day. Nope. Only Tuesday.
So I'm finding myself in the library a lot here lately. It's like a flashback to last year! I'm in the process of writing a philosophy paper as we speak. (Well... kind of.) Never have I ever felt so clueless in my life. Seriously, so many words are floating around that I don't have the slightest clue as to what they mean. I've used wikipedia more times tonight while reading this passage than I have in my whole life. Kudos to anyone who is a philosophy major. This here is not my cup of tea!
There are few, and I mean FEW times that I miss being a biology major. But being in philosophy makes me miss those days! Speaking of my many major changes, to anyone who is keeping track... I'm changing my mind YET AGAIN as to what I will be doing with my life. This time a major change isn't involved but I have simply changed career paths. My plan is now the following:
I'm going to nursing school. This isn't really a new idea, I've always had it at the back of my mind, and lately I've had a nagging feeling that it's something I need to revisit. After some tears (because, let's be real... I cry a lot when it comes to planning for the future) and meetings with my advisor, I've decided (for now at least) that this is something I'm cut out for! I'm not cut out to "teach Bible" or teach in a private Christian school... which by the way isn't at all what a Christian ed major does, those are just the absurd assumptions I shoot down when I tell people my major. I do think I'm cut out to do this whole nursing thing! For reals. So look out biology department... chemistry department, math department, and other departments I thought I was forever done with! You haven't seen the last of this girl! I'm coming back!

Until I can get into those classes, I'll have to try and make sense of this gibberish I'm reading, and pretend I know what it says enough to where I can write a paper.
T-3 days until a much needed break!
Peace and Love.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl!

    So, I definitely already creeped on you in the library (sorry, totally can't help myself) and wanted to comment here as well.

    You will make a great nurse! You have a great attitude for a nurse and I know that you're smart enough to be a true asset to the profession :)


    Do you know what you would like to specialize in?

    Best wishes!
    Brooklynn

    ReplyDelete