Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Does anyone still look at this??

The answer is doubtful. I haven't blogged in 427390423 years. I just lead a very exciting life... What can I say? haha
So a brief summary of my past few months:
I finished my summer at camp!! It ROCKED! Seriously. When I look back at the uncertainty I had at the beginning of the summer and look now at where I ended up, it's just crazy! I really didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did or get as much out of it as I did! To put it simply... it was THE best summer of my life!!
So I moved back into PC! I'm enjoying being back at school, and more so I'm enjoying life as an "anything but a biology major"! That's right friends, no more labs for this girl! PTL!!! Which brings me to a fun story...
So since I'm no longer on the path to medical school(although let's be real, with a 2.4 thanks to those lovely science courses I don't think I was ever truly on that path...) I've been left with the daunting task of finding something else to do with my life. But I mean last year I freaked out constantly about my future, and this year I've taken the approach of not worrying at all. Neither of which extreme have proven to be incredibly successful... but I digress. So in a quest to decide what I'm going to do with this life of mine, I emailed the middle school education advisor to request a meeting to dicuss the idea of being a middle school education major.
Alright. Now would be a good time to freeze. So let's jump back to oh, say... my whole life. I've always said that I may not know what I'm going to do, but I know what I'm not going to do and that is teach. Not to mention my moderate distaste for children. Well this summer made me have a lot of realizations! One of those being that I really do LOVE kids, more surprising... I love middle school! Seriously I dreaded them this summer, but I learned that I absolutely love them!
Alright. Back to my story. So I go in to talk to this professor about the major, my options, what all I would be required to do, general knowledge I would need to make an informed decision... Well my meeting lasted about 4 minutes. I entered the office with questions and left with an application for the teaching program at PC and my name on the list of majors. Decision made. Alright. So I'm indecisive as anything so for me to have made a life decision is large. For me to make that decision in that short of a time is larger. So it was decided. My future. My life's ambition. All mapped out in 4 minutes. Ahh!
Well I'm beginning to doubt that choice. I mean, I change my mind... A LOT (see 5 lines up "I'm indecisive as anything..."). I just don't know what to do!
I think what I can get out of this whole whirlwind is that God has made me so much more open minded over this summer!! I never would have entertained the thought of being a teacher just a few months ago! More than that I straight up did not like kids before this summer. So for me to entertain the thought of a profession where I'll be doing nothing but working with kids is huge! I'm excited to be able to look at everything I'm interested in and someday make a decision about how I want to spend the rest of my life! It's a big decision, so it'll take some time I suppose...
Anyway. To quote Phoebe from Friends, "So enough about me! How have you been?!"
Peace and Love.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah! It must be in your genes! Both Courtney and Cameron adamantly declared throughout their school years that they would NEVER go into the field of education. Well...
    as you know, Court is now a school counselor in
    Lexington One, and Cam is in grad school at USC studying school counseling, as well!
    So, go for it, girl!
    Glad to see you back in "blog world"!!!
    I'm sure you're busy, busy with RUSH!!!
    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I am so glad that you are back to Blogging! I need some entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, haugenschlauger is Jason Antley. Don't ask, haha!

    ReplyDelete