Saturday, May 15, 2010

Well Hello!

Welcome to the new blog! I'm so excited to have finally started this! I've been missing the ability to share my exciting life since I ended the last blog!
So what's been going on since I've written last?
I have started gathering things for camp! I purchased chacos, aka man-dals. I got a waterproof watch, some sweet shorts that are so bright I will never get lost in the wild, and I got a very camp counselor-ish bracelet! It has been so sad going into places like J. Crew knowing I have no reason to buy those clothes right now since I will be wearing nothing but shorts and t-shirts all summer. Oh well. BUT I've decided to make this a somewhat religious moment. 1 Samuel says: “...Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”
Now. I'm Lutheran, and we Lutherans don't really do the whole "life verse" thing or anything similar. However, I personally have decided to adopt this little verse here for the summer. Im going to try my hardest to cut back on the shower time, not worry about having my hair perfectly done only to hike up a mountain, etc. Hygiene, though will always be a priority.

So. Aside from camp. I decided today to make a cake. Not just any cake... a lime cake. Yes, from the get go, not so much a quality sounding idea. The true red flag in all of this, though, should have gone up when I went to add oil to the cake and had to do a double take as to what the recipe called for. One AND a third cup!!!! What in the world!? So. Needless to say, the cake can be described with one word, and that word is slick. It wont be going dry for a very long time if anyone wants some! What a waste of ingredients(mainly a waste of oil, I'd say)!
Also, after much harassment, asking, begging, etc.. my mother finally got me to clean out my drawers(ps. that's one tough word to spell..)! Anyway. Going by the things that were discovered, the last time I cleaned them out was probably sophomore year of high school! I gave away six trash bags of clothes! I can now live out of my drawers instead of the laundry baskets in my room! How great!
Ok, I think that's all for now!
Happy Founders Day to ADPi!!!
Peace and Love!

1 comment:

  1. As the FIRST follower of your new blog, I am very excited to follow it! I can't wait to see what your summer has in store for you. Have so much fun at camp! Can't wait for you to become a follower of my new blog!! hehe Love you AND happy founder's day!

    ReplyDelete