Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's never going to happen!

I think I'm going to have to accept the fact that my hair will not curl. After several tried attempts and several failed attempts I have learned that my hair never has and never will be able to be scrunched. This dream of mine to have naturally curly hair like Anna's has been quite the saga...
When I was in 5th grade, I put so much gel in my hair in attempt to gain curls that you could hear me/my hair coming before you saw me. My mom, being ever so kind, told me I wasn't allowed to wear my hair like that to church because it made too much noise.

Years later my hair lady told me anyone could have curly hair if they used the right products! She sold me several creams, gels, sprays, etc all of which she guaranteed would give me the ringlet curls Anna has. So. I woke up the morning I was to get my passport picture taken and decided that day was the day to put all these products to test! Bad idea? Yes. My passport picture, which stays with you for years, is now a great reminder to me that my hair should just be kept straight. This has stayed with me as a reminder, until today...

I've been SO bored this week! So today, I decided to use all of Anna's curling products: shampoo, conditioner, gel, and spray. This was a sure way to get curl! (I'm doing all this in preparation for camp, so I can get ready faster) So I got ready to dry my hair and decided to throw some root lifter in there because my hair was always pretty flat on top when I curled it. Worst mistake I could probably make in all this! Once I turned off my hairdryer, my phone rang. It was 1985. They asked for their hair back.
I have now learned that without some chemical intervention, my hair will always be straight. Sad. But true. I'll have to find other ways to cut back on my getting ready time this summer.

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment